Sunday, March 14, 2021

China, Chickens, and Cool Hand Luke

Started a new medicine about a week before the beach trip. The trip arrived and I was feeling more and more bloated. When Monday arrived, my hands and feet were puffy and sore. Called to doctor and the end result was to stop the mess. Thank God!  This resulted in losing 8 pounds last week as I had put on so much water weight due to that damn pill!

Spurred on by the number of times I had to rest while ascending the beach steps, decided to begin walking again. Live so close to the dike, this was an obvious path. Been walking on my lunch break including the steep hill up and down to the house. 

Took a break from painting but back at it again. Brought home a bag full of Arch Cape sand churned rocks which are flat, smooth and perfect for painting.




Painted my nails matching red Thursday night. Was tired of plain nails covered in paint!

Cleaned my room yesterday then had a dinner date with Steve: we've known each other for so long he's a nice fall back for male company. Dinner at Parker's then watched Cool Hand Luke. Nice evening catching up.

Back in January, had a weak moment and ordered a couple of jersey tee shirts off of Facebook. A cute Yorkie one and a chicken design. What sucked is that once the order was placed I learned they were coming from China!  Although the website said orders would be placed within 7 to 10 days, it was weeks until the package was sent, even after a few emails to the company.  

The good news is the package finally arrived! The bad news is they were two different shirts than my order.  Arrghh!! No Yorkie, no gray shirt, and two chickens!  Contacted company and they are going to give me a credit.  Ugh!


Discovered a new free photo app called "Polish."  Played around with the recent beach group pic. This will be a fun app to explore.




No comments:

Post a Comment