Wednesday, March 10, 2021

From Beach to Bed

There is truly nothing better than the beach.

Arrived at the beach house last Thursday afternoon with Stubbs in tow.  Only sprinkling a little so we hit the sand, seeking treasure.  Found two buoys and rope so hauled those to the house to string on the buoy tree.

Thursday night turned into a stormy, rainy, surf bending brawl.  Thankfully the sun came out and it was clear Friday when the gals arrived that afternoon.  We drank, ate shrimp tacos with chunky guacamole, and laughed.  One excitement was a low flying helicopter which appeared to be looking for a missing person.  Found out later a hiker had fallen 100 feet and had to be transported by flight.




After a big breakfast, the girl squad hit the beach Saturday morning for a walk toward the waterfall and caves.  Blue sky, sandy shore, and bouncing from rock to rock to avoid an incoming tide which we severely misjudged. 


On to Cannon Beach for browsing, bite to eat, and bakery.  Well, along with a little chocolate to top it off.  Then it was relax/nap time until a fabulous bruchetta appetizer and fettuccine dinner.  We ended the night with a mean game of Head's Up, a wild combination of charades, password, trivia, and silliness.


After the beach weekend, it was back to reality. Started Monday morning with a Covid test (negative!) at the hospital to prepare for my sleep study that night.  Yes, I snore like a bulldozer and feared sleep apnea was involved so, after waiting a year due to our new normal, was finally able to get in and spend the night being observed.


My bed for the night


Arrived by 8pm, checked into my room, filled out paperwork then waited for my hookup with the tech. A plethora of sticky tabs were attached to my head, legs, face, neck, two sensors were placed within my nose, and my chest and waist were wrapped with monitors.  Then, after snuggling into bed, I was turned on and tuned into the plug in so my every breath, snort, cough, and gurgle could be recorded.  The tech turned out the light and I watched TV before falling asleep. Only highlight was my midnight bathroom break when the tech unplugged me, wrapped wires around me, and I carefully relieved myself without being electrocuted.


Wakeup came bright and early at 6am. Lights on, wires off, and was home by 6:30. Am now expecting a call from the doctor for the full report.



No comments:

Post a Comment