Thursday, January 20, 2022

I'm Not Crying - You're Crying!

My goodness but it's been an emotional few evenings!

Tuesday night watched a movie called "I Can Only Imagine." It was the story of the lead singer of the Christian band MercyMe. Rough childhood, mother left, father beat him, and he turned to music. Formed a Christian band but, although they worked hard and strived for success, it didn't happen. That is until his father repented and began a new relationship with his son. It was hard but the son forgave his father, who was diagnosed with cancer and passed. The son was inspired to write the song "I Can Only Imagine" and dedicated it to his dad. The song became platinum multiple times over and MercyMe became a rousing success.  Something about that movie touched me so that I bawled out my everloving eyes!!


Wednesday night finished wathing the third season of the Ricky Gervais series "After Life." Didn't realize until the last episode that the series had ended. Touching final show; surprising to think Ricky Gervais could make me cry but it happened!


Today received in the mail a gift from my boss - a children's book titled "Love You Forever" about a mother's love.  Talk about sending me over the edge!  Just a sweet tale that made me think of Mom, my babies, and about being a mom. Even writing about it makes me tear up again.


Enough of the blubbering!  This weekend will immerse myself in comedies so my wet eyes can recover!


No comments:

Post a Comment