Saturday, January 1, 2022

New Year and New Home



Happy New Year!!!  It's now 12:05 am and I'm sitting here in my new place listening to a steady stream of fireworks outside!


Spent yesterday afternoon bagging up my bedroom then met Jordan and Candy at the new place so they could help me unload. Then on to the storage unit where we wrangled my mattress into the rig.  Unloaded that at the house then I was off to find a shower curtain and garbage bags.


Spent the evening continuing to pack. This morning received a miracle as Sam did not have to work!  He came over with the truck and we loaded up the bulk of my items, including the big stuff like TV.

My look this morning on the road to being fried!


Unloaded at the duplex then off to storage unit. Sam took a side trip and grabbed Jimmy to help with the bed frame and sofa. We loaded my rig full of totes and decor then back to my place to unload.


Said goodbye to the boys then returned to Stan and Susan's to pick up a few more items. Too tired to pack my shoes and hanging clothes so will get those Saturday. Did muster enough energy to return to the storage unit to grab a couple chairs and more decor. Unloaded all those items, put on a pot of coffee and began allocating all the bags and boxes to each appropriate room.  The good news is my three level basket which holds  the majority of my makeup fits perfectly in the bathroom. Yay!!

Before with all stuffed into living room

Put away the kitchen items then whipped the bathroon and living room into shape. Still have pictures and throws in storage so decor won't be done until next weekend.  Good news is my bed is freshly made so I will be sleeping in my new place at the start of 2022!!

After in living room

Even added a wreath by the front door

After all the trials and tribulations to find a new place, falling into this perfect duplex by chance, tearfully getting rid of my Stubbins, putting together cash for deposit and first month's rent, and gathering the troops to help me move, I have to say I'm so excited and blessed to have my own home once again!  Gives me a great feeling and I'm excited to decorate and make it my own. New Year, new home, new adventures and new memories. I'm all in!!




No comments:

Post a Comment