Monday, January 10, 2022

New Place and Peace

 The days are running together as I've spent my time moving, organizing, and decorating my new place. 

Highlights:

  • Despite the snow and with the help of my kids, we made numerous trips transporting clothes, shoes, furniture and totes from storage do that my house is now coming together.. My feet, sadly, have been barking up a storm as they have been abused as never before with all the trudging, heaving, dragging, and carrying items to the house.
  • Found a perfect pub table with two chairs on Facebook for $50. Drove to Vancouver on Friday for pickup. The seller threw in a wicker nightstand and two lamps then said I could have the table and chairs for free. Score! Found chair pads and table vase at the Red Hat thrift store for less than $20. Another score!


  • Looking for a coffee table, stopped off at Salmon Creek Goodwill to treasure hunt. Found a perfect leather ottoman for $3.99 that fits the bill.


  • Jordan and Candy gave me a desk to use for work, which replaced my kitchen countertop set up.

    The desk top was scuffed and scratched so I picked up contact wallpaper sheets at Dollar Tree, covered the desk this morning, and it turned out light, bright, and perfect!


  • TMobile internet not up to stuff. Spent two hours with a rep and decided to set up with Xfinity. After a cable tech visit last Friday, we had lift off and both computer and Roku are connected.
  • The hall closet fit every last pair of my shoes, which means no more spending 15 minutes every day searching within a  mountain of footwear for a match.


You don't realize how important it is to have your own space. After spending the last two years renting rooms, it's incredible to return to my own domain, my sanctuary, my place of peace. Been a lot of hard work but have enjoyed every minute of decorating and organizing my new pad. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment