Sunday, January 16, 2022

Moving, Mannequin and Mini Lights

Unbelievable how much activity I pack into a weekend!

Last week received an early birthday card from sis Jube with some mad money. Had been looking at the Christmas clearance on-line at Big Lots and found a cool mannequin tree. Not interested in it for a tree but knew I could repurpose it into something fantastic. 

Stopped at the local store and the only one left was the display model. Of course I bartered with the manager, who gave me an extra $10 off. Snatched that baby up and brought it home.



Tucked all the branches inside the wire frame, removed the fur, then dug out a lace tablecloth, hankie, gloves, flower, and costume jewelry and voila!! Isn't it gorgeous??!! Love the finish!!

Also turned the front door window box into beach sandbox.  Added colored sand then filled it up with shells, glass globes, the porthole I found in Cannon Beach, and mini lights. Strung up netting to cover the metal pole. 

Friday night made a quick stop at Sam's to pick up my laundry. Have no washer and dryer yet so Sam actually did all my laundry, including folding and sorting! Score!  And much appreciated!

Saturday moved three loads from the storage unit to my garage. Have moved 90% of the items and now just the large items are left for Sam and his truck to deliver. Last night I was beat! Popped some Tylenol and hit the hay about 9pm which may explain why I was up at 5am today.

Dug around the garage this morning in search of a Stubbs painting along with a wooden whale. Happy to have found both! Ended up sidetracked and decided to paint a long oar to place above the window in the living room.

During my storage unit digging, found a ton of hanging glass globes. Decided to paint them sea glass - mixed acrylic paint with a lot of water to create a wash. Popped a few in a beachy basket then added several to the outdoor netting.  Turned out great!!




 
Took a shower after all that and feeling refreshed. I was dragging and Mr. Nap was attempting to zap my energy!

And tomorrow is Monday once again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment