Sunday, August 28, 2011

Long Blonde Gives a Boost to Diva's Esteem

I have to be honest - ever since I got the long hair extensions, men have been, well, friendlier than usual.  Just more willing to start up conversations, letting me go first in line, smiling....it's very strange.  This hair has also boosted my confidence - I'm walking taller, I've got the lip gloss going, and I even bought new underwear - a matching bra and panty set of all things - today!  I guess the long hair is giving me that nudge to begin working the sexy confidence factor that is lingering somewhere inside of me!   And I'm kind of enjoying it!! 

I've also been receiving Mama Gena's Daily Fluff via email every day, which gives me much needed food for thought.  Mama Gena, who I learned about from Diva Sister Luna, focuses on The Pleasure Revolution, as excerpted:

The Pleasure Revolution is an adjustment to the soul of a woman. Women were never taught to guarantee their joy. They were taught to guarantee the joy of others, take care of others and then whatever crumbs were left from that were theirs, but when a woman reverses the order and really pays attention to her pleasure, making sure that each choice feels absolutely right to her and absolutely gratifying to her, she’s going to makes choices that enhance her life and enhance the lives of others.

I'm trying to keep this in mind - paying attention to my needs and what feels absolutely right to me.  So now I'm going to start wearing the "good stuff" for myself, not waiting until there is a man in my life to appreciate it.  Although, based upon the new attention I've been receiving, this won't be far behind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment