Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

Here are a few of my recent favorite things:

Shea Moisture brand Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk.  The smell is divine and, when I'm going curly girl, it leaves my hair soft and silky.   I put it on before blow drying then add a dab when done.  

The other night when Michael and I were having dinner at Applebee's, the waitress sported some show stopping, shades of gray eye shadow.  She said it was Sonia Kashuk brand.  I swung by Target, which carries the brand, and picked up an eyeshadow quad in a rosy brown trio.  Love it!!!

While at dinner, Michael and I ordered appetizers for dinner.  We happen to both love their Won Ton Tacos; after studying our food, I figured "I could do that!"  Which I did.  Tonight.  Unfortunately Michael was not here to share my new found won ton skills; I sent him a picture of my dinner but I believe that just made it worse!!!   (And yes, babe, I promise to make this for you in the near future!!)

Applebee's Won Ton Tacos



Here's my recipe; although I forgot the cilantro and peppers, they were still yummy!!

Diva's Won Ton Tacos

6 Won Ton wrappers (I used round Gyoza wrappers)
1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
1 cup coleslaw cabbage in the bag (including carrots)
1/4 cup minced red and green pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1-2 tablespoons teriyaki dressing (I used Litehouse Sesame Ginger dressing)

Heat about 1/4 to 1/2 cup oil in small fry pan on medium heat.  When hot, place won ton wrappers, one at a time, in the oil.  Cook on one side then flip and cook on the other.  This only takes about 15 seconds per side.  Remove from oil and as you place it on a paper towel lined plate, fold it to resemble a taco shell.

When done with shells, mix together dressing and chicken and heat in the microwave for 1 minutes.  Remove, then add cabbage, peppers, and cilantro.  Stir to coat, adding additional dressing if you desire.  Fill the won ton shells with cabbage filling (I had to use my fingers to do the filling as it was easier than a spoon.)  Eat and enjoy!!!

This recipe can be increased based upon the number of people you are feeding. 
Diva's Won Ton Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment