Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Have Baggage Will Travel

Well, we've been waiting for this trip for the last few months and now we are down to the deadline.  Friday morning will find us jetting off for our adventure.  In order to properly prepare, we have both had to pack, which has resulted in a comedy of comparisons between at least this man and woman packing for a trip:

Michael - Done packing almost a week before departure;
Diva - A day before departure and I'm still meditating on what additional items I need to bring;

Michael- Two pairs of shoes.  Who needs more than a pair of sneakers and sandals?
Diva - Three pairs of flip flops, a pair of dressier sandals, and slip-on sneakers.  Five pairs but I'm still debating whether or not I should take a pair of wedges.  I'm trying to hold back and not take my ratty, beat up house flip flops that should never see the light of day outside of the house;

Michael - Five sets of shorts, shirt, underwear and socks for each day, layered ready to wear in the suitcase;
Diva - Four pairs of shorts, two pairs of capris, three dresses, two swimsuits, eight or so shirts, sleepwear, and underwear, folded but squished in order to free up more room for perhaps the wedges mentioned above.  Layering in order of day?  Ha, surely you jest!  This Diva never knows what she will wear until day break!;

Michael - Necessary toiletry items such as razor, toothbrush, and paste;
Diva - A whole three-section makeup bag filled with my very necessary supplies such as primer, foundation, powder, eye shadow and liner, brow pencil, blush, lip stick and gloss.  Along with deodorant, toothbrush/paste, floss, and Q-tips, there are travel sizes of shampoo, conditioner, body gel, and body scrub.  Ooops, can't forget the hair products such as curl creme, Moroccan oil, hair spray, brush, comb, and two curling irons.  I've already checked to ensure a blow dryer is available so I'll be leaving my large one at home!  Perhaps I should take a real vacation and leave all of my face and body products at home, going au natural while we are gone?  Uh, noooooo!!!!  Not happening in this lifetime!!!

Michael - Packed, organized and ready to depart!   His middle name should be cool, calm and collected!;
Diva - Do I need a jacket?  What do I wear on the plane?  Will I wear makeup to the airport or go sans cosmetics, wearing sunglasses to shield my naked complexion?  Should I take my magazines?  And where did I put my camera?

Here's to a perfect trip where I can understand his organization and he can accept my baggage...literally!


No comments:

Post a Comment