Saturday, July 14, 2012

Thanks for the Memories

In search of some new shorts for the Phoenix trip, I swung by Fashion Bug to search for clearance items.  I picked up several marked-down light weight shirts, khaki crops, and shorts along with some new lingerie (they are an excellent source of attractive underthings for the curvy kind of gal.)  While I was browsing, I overheard the cashier mention something about the store closing.  Now, in this apparel-challenged community, we need every women's fashion store we have so I didn't think too kindly about losing one of my wardrobe pit stops.  I ended up researching this rumor on line and what did I find?  It was true!!!  Per the press release:


Fashion Bug, a low-priced women's clothing chain, will be closing in early 2013.   Ascena Retail Group Inc. has completed its buyout of Charming Shoppes Inc., which owns the chain, and now plans to close the remaining several hundred Fashion Bug stores by early next year.


And another retail store joins the legions (i.e., Meier & Frank, Kenny Shoes, I. Magnin, etc.) in memory only, but hopefully with a kick-ass clearance sale before they depart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment