Monday, August 13, 2012

Barbecue and Birthday Bonanza

As always, we were very busy with activities over the weekend.  Saturday found Michael and I cruising to Olympia for a barbecue at my boss's house, which included my co-workers.  He grilled carne asada while his wife supplied the pico de gallo, guacamole, spicy salsa, tortillas, rice, and assorted other goodies.  We ate, and ate, and ate before rolling ourselves out to the car and on our way home.  Lots of laughter and relaxation!

Sunday was my man Michael's 49th birthday!  He unwrapped presents Sunday morning, including a holder for his collection of shot glasses (which was hell to find.....I searched over five stores before getting a tip from Diva Lynn that the holder could be found at, of all ironies, Michael's!)  We then made our way to Gresham to make a pit stop at Michael's apartment before hitting Ulta.  Yes, I know it was Michael's birthday but I've had an Ulta gift card from him burning a hole in my pocket since May.  He hung out in the car while I browsed the shop; I ended up purchasing Roberto Cavalli perfume, which scored me a $50 pink travel bag...for free!  I also picked up a new Stila eyeshadow kit - I received a trial size packet of it in my Birchbox, which sold me on the Stila brand.  The shadow stays in place all day long!


Departing Ulta, we filled up the car and gave it a quick $5 wash then made our way to Cascade Station to have late lunch/early dinner at Famous Dave's.  We had eaten their the night before our Phoenix trip and it was finger-licking good.  While the food was still yummy, it wasn't as good as our previous visit.  At the end of my meal, I made a covert visit to the bathroom under the guise of washing my hands.  My true intent was to surprise Michael with a birthday treat.  Our waiter said he'd take care of it then delivered to my 49-year a big bowl of vanilla ice cream with fudge topping.   It was a sweet surprise for my sweetie!

After eating, we made our way over to Michael's old stomping grounds at a community gym, where we met up with a couple of his friends - Big Tim and Big K.  It was nice for me to put a face to the names I hear so much about and yes, they were both big!! 

Wrapping up Portland, we made our way home to Kelso for the rest of our evening.  We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend and he definitely enjoyed his birthday so all in all it was a great success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment