Friday, August 24, 2012

How I Yearn for The Illustrated Nail

As I sat waiting for Sam at the dentist this morning, I thumbed through my recent Allure magazine, which contained a section dedicated to creative nails.  The flamboyant part of me desires to paint a story on my nails, using fluorescent polish, polka dots, flags, and smiley faces.  The business side of me knows I must keep this side of my personality buried, allowing only conservative or vaguely  bright nails to surface.  However, I can live vicariously through others and for this reason I was drawn to The Illustrated Nail.

The Illustrated Nail is an engrossing website which shows nails being used as a canvas for art.  There are Chanel logos, leopard print, mod edges, and minute silhouettes among many, many other intricate masterpieces. You could fill a year trying to replicate these designs for your own personal nail enhancement.  Daring fashionistas in less constraining work environments will be able to pull off these looks and to them I applaud.

No comments:

Post a Comment