Monday, August 27, 2012

Goodbye Dropped Calls!

Cell phones aren't a big deal to me; actually, being able to talk and text on the phone is awesome but having that next big high tech gadget doesn't top my priority list.  What is important is not having my calls dropped, which seemed to be happening frequently with my Straight Talk phone.  It's extremely frustrating to be in the middle of a serious discussion then realize that the call dropped and for the last two minutes you've been bouncing back deep thoughts with only yourself!  This led me to purchase, with my Michael's high-tech assistance, a new smart phone with a touch screen.  Nope, not an I-Phone but at something on the higher echelon of technology.  It also has a much better service range so those deep chats involving only myself should be a thing of the past.

I'm happy to report that I was able to transfer over my existing number.  However, my SIM card doesn't work in my new phone so I've been gradually adding in all my contacts.  Plus learning how the darn thing works; Sam has a similar phone so he has been very helpful to his dear mother as she fumbles her way through settings and apps and widgets and shortcuts.  My biggest challenge has been to get my Bluetooth, my lifeline to civilization while I'm on the road, set up on the new phone.  Guess I'll have to break down and read the manual!!

No comments:

Post a Comment