Sunday, August 5, 2012

Glitterin and Grillin!!

This weekend included Michael and I rising early on Saturday to mow both yards, trim trees, and break out my new edger.  The edger was interesting but I found much more satisfaction in brandishing the large pruning shears as we trimmed trees in the back and front yard.  Step mom Arlene stopped by to say hi which gave us a chance to sit in the shade and chat. 

Following over four hours of yard work, we cleaned up then made our way to the mall so I could get my nails filled.  No time for a pedicure but the owners were nice enough to give me a $5 off coupon for a pedicure next time.  I had my nails painted with Zoya mint green polish from last month's Birch Box delivery; neat color but I wasn't sure it was me.

Following my nails, we met up with Arlene to break bread at El Compadre, Castle Rock's local Mexican joint.  It was a nice end to a very warm and busy day.

Today after breakfast we stopped at Fred Meyer's so I could pick up additional corn on the cob, on sale at 10 for $4.  I picked some up last week, husking and freezing 30 ears.  I picked up another 10 ears today for dinner tonight along with adding to my freezer abundance.

After grocery shopping, we came home and decided to enjoy the great outdoors.  Grabbing two frozen Dally's drinks, I broke out my new Walgreen's reclining lawn chair to sunbathe while Michael relaxed in the shade.  Stubbs of course had to be in the mix; he ran around in the heat so much he was panting to beat the band, so much so he even chowed down on two small pieces of watermelon! 

Following our R&R outside, Michael broke out the grill for ribs.  I put corn on the stove then sat outside to fix my nail polish.  The mint green was just too much; at first I daubed various colors on it then decided to throw in the towel and remove it.  Inspired by the Galaxy Nails at Polish and Pearls, I painted my base nails a shimmery black then patted on top bright yellow, blue, and gray glitter then topped it with glitter-flake.  Very unique and Michael likes it so it's a win-win polish change!!

Here's to a warm and productive weekend!!!

Michael at the grill

No comments:

Post a Comment