Monday, December 10, 2012

Channeling Martha Stewart


The holiday cheer is definitely in the house!  This weekend I spent baking the following Christmas goodies:

  • Chocolate/Peanut Butter Pretzels
  • Chocolate/Sprinkle Dipped Pretzels
  • Red Velvet Whoopie Cookies (using the new Cool Whip frosting as filling)
  • Chocolate/Peppermint Bark
  • Cardamom Shortbread

All of these items were immediately enrobed in plastic wrap, tucked in a tub, and hidden in the garage freezer in wait for the Shepard Family Christmas this coming Saturday.  I learned my lesson last weekend when the shortbread bites disappeared along with a large majority of the cheese crackers.

Also this weekend, Sam began his senior community project by volunteering at the local Habitat for Humanity.  He spent six hours Saturday staining wood and other projects at the local store. 

Along with working, Jordan spent his weekend performing in Journey to Bethlehem, his fourth year in a row participating in this community event.  Michael and I went to see it last night; we enjoyed the experience but not the two-hour wait to begin the Bethlehem tour.  \As always, Jordan kept in character when we passed him on the show.

Now today is Monday.  I woke up at 4am, unable to return to sleep due to being stuffed up, blowing my nose continuously.  Fearing Michael's rest would be destroyed, I snuck downstairs, cleaned the kitchen, read my email, and am now working on my blog.  However, my nose is still running!!  Benydryl is calling but this may be a recipe for sleepiness on my commute to work so I will have to forgo relief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment