Sunday, December 30, 2012

Life Lessons Learned With Mop in Hand

This weekend has been filled with cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning!  I started with laundry then the kitchen then moved on to the back pantry room.  I stripped it bare then rearranged it to be more organized.  I also cleaned out Stub's litter box area as it needed to be mopped.  Unfortunately, after dumping bleach on the floor I realized there were some serious pee pee ammonia spots.  As we all know (but I forgot) bleach and ammonia are not to be mixed!  Therefore, it was a good sign my mop broke just as I started scrubbing the floor, which led to my removal from the room before permanent brain damage could occur.   Running to the store after showering, I picked up a new mop along with some ornament storage boxes.  Michael and I spent a relaxing evening at home then this morning I was at it again, breaking in my new mop by finishing up the laundry, back room, and kitchen.  Michael left for home and, with the boys with their dad, I have the day to myself to pack up the Christmas decor.

As always, life is a lesson and one was taught to me this weekend.  I've always been so used to doing tasks on my own that I forget Michael is willing and able to help me.  In fact, he yearns to help me and be my partner with everything, including cleaning and organizing.  But since my old habits are hard to die, I often forgo asking him to help with household tasks.  I made up for that this morning; before he left for home he helped me move some items from the top kitchen shelves then we tackled together the bathroom light bulb that refused to budge.  And we were victorious as a team!!  Life IS easier when you have a willing partner to help carry the load.  Thank you babe!!!

Here's to having a clean and organized 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment