Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas After Glow

It's the day after Christmas and I'm still basking in the glow of such a wonderful holiday.  After waking, grabbing coffee, then urging the kids to awaken, we opened our gifts.  Tons of goodies brought smiles to our faces, including two new pairs of shoes and a purse for me!  Following the gifts, Michael, Jordan and I got ready for the movies while Sam played his new PS3 game.  Leaving Sam at home to bond with his game, we three hit the road for Gresham for Jordan and I to see Les Miserables while Michael checked in on his apartment and visited friends.

The movie was epic but filled us with tears.  Jordan and I sat close to the front among the throng of attendees, thankful it was so dark to hide our crying.  It was quite the cathartic 2 1/2 hours of emotion.

Following the movie, Michael picked us up and we returned home to make dinner.   Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, butternut squash, green bean casserole, and homemade buttermilk biscuits - it was a feast! 

We hit the hay early last night and, at almost 10am, haven't pried ourselves out of bed yet.  While part of me wants to check out the 50% off deals at various stores, another part of me wants to kick back and enjoy the couch all day long.  We'll see which side wins!!

1 comment: