Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Not My Victory But His

When plans don't go the way I desire, I often fault myself.  What I should really be doing is thanking God that He has another plan in mind for my future.  And it will have an even bigger and better outcome than anything I could have foreseen on my own.

There was an opportunity I deeply desired that I found out yesterday would not be in the cards for me.  Although I was bummed, I decided to look on the bright side, knowing something just right for me would be coming my way. 

Despite my disappointment, I celebrated a personal win in my work yesterday.  Last week I had to represent the company during an unemployment appeal.  This is a normal occurrence in my life; however, this time I was up against the former employee and her attorney.  All by myself with my sole testimony, facts and figures to defend the company position. Over two hours of grueling testimony, pointed questions, and a healthy serving of disgruntled employee dishonesty thrown in to boot.   It almost felt like David versus Goliath. Yesterday the verdict arrived in the mail and.....I won.  Yep, I won!  It was a sweet victory for truth and justice (yes, please let me channel Wonder Woman on this one!)

In the end, when one door closes another opens.  I may have lost out on a new venture but I was rewarded for my work performance.  So it balances out.  And I will continue to trust that God has a plan for me that will put my plans to shame! 

Here's to a great rest of the week, Divas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment