Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Great Monday in KC

The alarm came on too early yesterday morning....exactly two hours too early.  My work day was filled with meeting people, working with the HR team, and getting work done.  After work my friend Barb and I met up for dinner and travel to The Plaza, a higher end shopping area in Kansas City, Missouri.  There is a heat wave going on this week and it was plumb hot, hot, hot!

Barb cruised by many sights on our way to dinner - Missouri skyline, Sprint dome, museums, sculptures, and a variety of other landmarks.  We ended up at Jack Stack Barbecue for dinner, where I ordered the sampler plate, which included Kansas City ribs, sausage, chicken, and "burnt  ends" which were pretty darn good.  After dinner we walked a little around the Plaza, which included Valentino, Michael Kors, and Ralph Lauren, before she dropped me back off at the lodge around 9pm.

After washing my face and getting into my jammies, I called Michael so we could catch up on the day.  Alas, at one point I nodded off, waking up to hear Michael calling my name.  I'm sorry babe!!  We said our good nights and I promptly fell back to sleep!

Here's to another great day in Kansas City!

No comments:

Post a Comment