Sunday, August 25, 2013

We're Not in Kelso Anymore

Ahhh, sitting here relaxing in my hotel room and reflecting on the weekend.

Thursday my Michael came over and, while I was at work on Friday, he spent the day with Sam putting up my new barbecue gazebo.  It turned out fantastic!   When I arrived home, we moved the old gazebo over to the opposite corner of the yard, which looks perfect.  After a lazy Saturday morning, Michael and I made our way to his family's annual picnic in Portland.  Weather was nice and it was fun seeing his family members that I had already met along with meeting new ones.  Plus eating some awesome food along with birthday cake to celebrate both Michael and his mother's birthdays in August.

This morning we awoke early so he could give me a ride to the airport for my work trip to Kansas City.  My Portland to Phoenix as well as Phoenix to Kansas City flights went smoothly.  Arriving in KC, my former co-worker Barb, who transferred this year back to KC, her hometown and original lodge, picked me up for a ride to the hotel.  Barb gave me the quicky tour then I checked in to my room.  The view from my balcony is fabulous and it almost makes me forget that the reason I'm here is to work, not play.  However, there is a very large shopping mall next door, which should suck up my free time in the evening.

Here's to having a wonderful work trip this week in Kansas!!
View from my room
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment