Wednesday, August 14, 2013

From Broken to Beautiful!

During my recent front and backyard overhaul, the landscapers accidentally broke one of my statues - a large bust that looks like Zeus which I've had him for several years.  The landscaping gal said she took it home and would try to glue it.  That was three weeks ago.  The job has been completed, the company paid, but yet no Zeus.  Texting her numerous times, she repeatedly stated she only had to make one more "fix" before he was done.  My last few text were spent pleading with her to simply drop the broken statue off on my porch; unfortunately, she'd give me another excuse or there would be no response from her.  Finally, it was time to bring in the big guns...Michael.  He first called her (no answer) then texted, informing her that the statue needed to be returned no later than 5pm today or there would be consequences, which may possibly include a report of theft.  Within fifteen minutes, Mr. Zeus was quietly dropped off on my front porch!  Sadly, it was apparent no mending had been done and it was up to me to fix him!

Instead of spending time putting Zeus back together like a jigsaw puzzle with super glue, a more reasonable solution was found - a plant in his head!  Yep, soil and a green foliage was placed in his noggin to cover up his lack of brains and you know what?  He looks pretty good!!


 
Before
Zeus Broken

Zeus 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment