Monday, August 5, 2013

Ferns, Fountain, and Fingers!

As always this weekend was packed full of activities.  Friday night was time for my hair to be colored then trimmed.  I then stopped at Walmart and picked up some potted ferns for the front yard.  Saturday morning my first task was to place the ferns in the front yard then change décor in the back yard to more of my liking.  I also added some patio lights to the gazebo in the back.

Once done, Sam and I cruised to Vancouver Mall with the main goal of getting him a new pair of eyeglasses.  Vision Works had an appointment open so we reviewed all the glasses while we waited.  I ended up snagging a pair of bi-focals for the off days when my contacts are resting.  Sam ended up with a cool pair of graphite gray Nike glasses.  While waiting for our glasses to be done, we grabbed a bite to eat at Taco Time then wandered through a few shops, including Spencer's and Hot Topic.  We ended up leaving the mall, new glasses in hand, around 6pm and made our way for home.  Our last stop was the Woodland Walmart; wanting to pick up a few more ferns, I had to settle for some shrubs as there were no outside ferns in house.
 
New ferns and shrubs!
Sunday morning was dedicated to potting and setting out the new shrubs to the front of the house.  While at Walmart, I had scored a new clearance-priced hanging garden flag but could not locate it anywhere.  Bummer....must have left it at the store!  After getting the shrubs out, my next task was to run to Home Depot to pick up a replacement pump for my bird fountain along with some driveway cleaner and a new flag.  No options at Home Depot for a flag so ran over to Walmart, which offered only tiny flags.  Back at home, the driveway was sprayed with the cleaner and hosed, which made the weeds in the cracks stand out even more.  I then weeded and dug out the lines in the driveway and performed a second batch of cleaning.  Once done, it was time to wash the car!
Bird fountain back in business!

It was a lot of work but my reward, after my shower, was to get a manicure and pedicure.  Back at home, it was time to try out my new St. Tropez self-tanner.  No time anymore to lay out and tanning beds contain too many risks, so self-tanner was the best option.  The bronzing mousse came with an application glove, which helped application and prevented the dreaded "brown hand" aftereffect that normally comes with tanning lotions.  After applying to every nook and cranny, I waited to dry before getting into my jammies.  I'm happy to report my fake tan looks pretty good today...not orange, a nice light brown, and no streaks.  It appears I will be able to work today without tan embarrassment.


1 comment:

  1. Great post, I appreciate you and I would like to read your next post. Thanks for sharing this useful information.
    Drive Fixing Dorset, Drive Jet washing Dorset, Path Repairs Bournemouth, Path Cleaning Bournemouth

    ReplyDelete