Saturday, August 2, 2014

Being Honest With Myself Can Hurt

It's hard to make a difficult decision when you know the outcome is to hurt someone.  The time I've had with Michael has been so memorable, wonderful, and enriching; however, the last year has been a roller coaster of emotions.  And while I wish him only the best and pray for his health to improve, I had to become honest with not only him but with myself and make the anguishing decision that we not remain together.  I'll always love him for being the person who he is, for the time we shared, and for the memories we made.  I hope he will always remain my friend as he is truly a one-of-a-kind human being.

For now, my next steps are to work on myself - rid myself of the habits that aren't acceptable, continue working out to achieve a healthy me, and try to live optimistically and positively one day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment