Sunday, August 10, 2014

Gearing Up in Gig Harbor!

Oh this weekend was memorable and full of fun!!  Saturday I was invited to spend at sister Erin's house in Gig Harbor so we, along with brother Todd, could attend a business dinner.  Wasn't sure what to wear so swung by Ross before leaving town, scoring a cute black and purple cocktail dress for $12.49.  Easy on the wallet and the eye!

Finding Erin's neighborhood was easy but finding her house was hard.  The GPS was no help...it kept stating "Arrived at destination" when obviously I hadn't!  After cruising around looking for the mailbox address, driving in the turn lanes of the highway because I was going so slow, and hanging out at the elementary school while I searched for better directions, I ended up parking at the Gig Harbor Grange and called Erin for specific directions.  I was so happy to have found her place, due in part that a pee break was seriously needed!

Erin wouldn't be home for a bit, so, after some initial barking by her doggie Ruger, we ended up bonding on her back deck with her newest lab pup Scout.  When Erin arrived, we talked and laughed then got dressed for the business outing.

It was definitely more of a party than a business dinner.  It was being held right next to the Tacoma Dome at the LeMay museum, which is filled with classic cars from one man's personal collection.  Cocktail hour was on the lawn, where we were serenaded by a light band, sipped wine, smoked complimentary cigars, and enjoyed ourselves.  It was great seeing Todd, as well as Erin, in action.  They were both keyed in on client and potential client conversations, hobnobbing with prospects, gathering personal and business information that would help them further their business goals.  

Following cocktail hour, we were all gestured inside.  We sat at tables then listened to a comedian, who was surprisingly very funny.  Dinner buffet was then served, which was excellent.  After dinner and the speeches, we adjourned to The Murano in Tacoma, meeting up with several other conference participants.  During our talking and laughter, we noticed one, then two, then three beautiful, well-dressed women at the bar.  Were they models?  Hookers?  Single gals?  Finally Erin approached them to find out the story.  They were actually Miss USA, Miss Washington, and another pageant winner whose title I don't remember.  We gathered around for a group picture and they all were so kind.  One of the gals even made the comment "oh, I should have sucked in my tummy more because I feel so bloated!"  Even how gorgeous she was she was still just like one of us gals!!

Arriving back at Erin's house, she, Todd and I sat around and talked and laughed some more.  My stomach is so sore today from laughing!!  It was a great evening and I'm so thankful they invited me to the event.  It was a blast and I enjoyed seeing Todd and Erin in working action.

This morning I left Erin's house, stopped at Gig Harbor Goodwill to see what kind of bargains there were to be had, then made my way home, where I promptly took a nap.  It was quite an adventure-filled weekend and this diva had a great time!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment