Sunday, August 17, 2014

Burlington and Bread

This weekend has been fruitful to say the least.  Friday Jordan texted me, excited to announce he had received his driver's license.  Awesome!!!  Then yesterday I met up with sister Julie in Portland to do a little shopping and lunch.  Julie gifted me with homemade jars of dilled beans, salsa, apricots, and strawberry jam. After hitting Burlington to browse, we then had lunch at Panera.  After visiting Michael in his new rehab facility, I stopped by Goodwill in Vancouver before cruising home.  Believe it or not but I bought nothing all day!

This morning, after vowing to sleep in, I made my way out of bed around 6:30....humph, I guess that is sleeping in for me!  Did two loads of laundry then whipped up a triple batch of zucchini/blueberry bread using fruit and veggies from Arlene.  For breakfast I then topped a piece hot from the oven with strawberry jam from Julie - awesome!!

The weather is sunny; not sure what the rest of the day holds, but I'm going to make it a good one!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment