Saturday, January 7, 2017

Chilly, Chili, and Chillin

Nothing better than sleeping in on the weekend. Woke up about 8:30, got my coffee, and hung out thinking of my plans for the day. Soon received a text from Sam and he became my plans. Picked him up from his friends house, hit the bank so he could start a checking account, ran him back home to get cash, picked up Jimmy, deposited his money at drive through, and headed over to Starbucks.

Bank called - forgot Sam's license in the drive through container (my fault!)  Got our Starbucks by pooling our random gift cards, then headed back to bank to pick up license.

Headed to DMV; Sam called insurance place to get that first. Found out he hadn't added enough money to bank to cover deposit. At that point the bank was closed so back to bank to put his additional cash in to night deposit.

Finally time to drop off Sam and Jimmy then to my house.  Cleaned the kitchen, took down Christmas decor from the front porch, then put up my new Seahawks flag that Sam gifted me for Christmas.


That done, I whipped up a batch of chilli for the crockpot.  Turned it on high then made another batch of the no knead bread and set it aside to rise.


Bread rising, my next task was to whip up some pastry dough for a pie. Rolled that out, dumped in canned berry filling, and covered it. Had some extra dough so made some grape and leaf clusters for the top. Brushed the leaves with green food coloring,  the only one I had. Needed red or purple for the grapes so ended up mixing a bit of cranberry jellied sauce with sugar to make a sort of pinkish color for them. What the heck - whatever works in a pinch!!



The bread is now in the oven as I sit here relaxing waiting for the big snow and ice storm to occur.  Lord knows I won't go hungry if I'm housebound!!


No comments:

Post a Comment