Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Keep Your Eyes to the Sky

I ran across the following quote from Stephen Hawking, who passed away yesterday.  It is oh so true! 

Monday morning when I was driving to work, I saw a person walking. Couldn't tell if it was man or woman as they wore a hoodie pulled over their head and down their face. They walked with their head completely slumped down, staring at the ground. I could only see a few wisps of red hair poking out. This wasn't an elderly person battling old age; this was a younger person able to easily walk so it wasn't the physical that made them adopt this posture. It was as if they wished to hide from life, covering themselves to become invisible.

One of the phrases I've heard and I try to live by is "Shoulders back and head up!"  When I catch myself neck down or shoulders curled, I remind myself of this tip. I feel better, look better, and it gives a little boost to my self esteem.

So look to the stars, quit looking at the pavement, and life will be more promising!


No comments:

Post a Comment