Saturday, March 24, 2018

Of Chowder and Embarrassment

Well I didn't clean my room (yet - it may still happen) or clean the garage but I did accomplish something today.

This morning I braved the chilly weather, grabbed my large trimmers, and cleaned up the trees and bushes in my backyard. Trimmed my snowball bush, pruned back a hydrangea bush, and cut several branches off a dying tree. Resulted in a big pile of refuse that my lawnmowers will haul off the next time they are here.

Moved to the front yard, snipped the bushes into shape, then pruned back another hydrangea bush.

All done, I grabbed the garbage can and wheeled it over to the first pile of clippings. Cleaned those up then went to move the green monster to the center of the yard to finish picking up my mess. Lid was down and I saw no need to put it up.

Aye, there's the rub. Should have thought Safety First. Instead, I proceeded to wheel the can onto the yard, tripped on the lid, knocking the can down and me along with it! I wound up inside the overturned can, knee bruised but it didn't hurt as much as the painfully hot surge of embarrassment washing over me.

I crawled out of the can, jumped up, and pulled the can upright. I had to laugh at the absurdity of it all. Looked around and thankfully no one was in site, although there could have been a few of my neighbors who witnessed the morning entertainment as they sipped hot coffee inside.

After finishing, I relaxed then showered and ran to the store for supplies.  Tonight for dinner I made some salmon/shrimp chowder. It turned out so tasty and was perfect on this rainy, cold night.



No comments:

Post a Comment