Saturday, March 3, 2018

Kindness Overflowing

On Thursday I posted to Facebook that I had been going through a storm in life with unemployment and bad boyfriend but I had pulled through, loved my new job, and rid myself of the boyfriend baggage. Several people made positive comments but the one that stands out was written by my former boss for whom I had worked for 21 years, as follows:

Hi Alicia, I’ve seen you grow professionally over the last few decades and through several last names and few health issues—I still see you sitting in your office with that bald head.  You are strong, you survive, you strive and you thrive.  One of my best and favorite employees, ever.  I’m proud of you and am glad you are in a great place!

Wow! Such kind words and they gave me a warm fuzzy.  As a lifetime career woman, it shakes your core when you are unemployed and no one hires you. It makes you doubt your capabilities and question your entire professional skill base. Receiving unexpected compliments like this can really restore my self-doubt and confirm my reality that I have been an outstanding employee.

Along this vein, last night Sam and his friends, including my unofficial third son Jimmy, stopped by.  Their visit turned into a real love fest. Jimmy, who lost his mom at 18, went on and on about what a wonderful, intelligent, caring mom and human being I am and how he is grateful I'm serving the mom role in his life. The rest of them echoed his comments and it turned into a contest of who could hug Mom the most and the longest. Was the highlight of my week!


But enough about me! Back to sitting in the massage chair while my toes are being polished. Been a long time since I've gotten a pedicure and figured why not celebrate my #1 employee and mom status! 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment