Thursday, December 13, 2018

Ethel is Not Coming Out to Play!

Tonight did a little pre-show with the outfit for tomorrow's company party. It was long, sparkly, fur shrug, gloves - the whole shebang.  I looked in the mirror and who did I see looking back at me? Ethel Barrymore. Yep, straight out of "The Parradine Case" with Charles Laughton. It was just overkill and I was feeling like the matron of melodrama when I'd rather be feeling like Valli from the same movie.


Dug into my closet and found a nice simple black dress with rhinestone trimmed cuffs. Elegant. Classic. And much more comfortable than being strapped into an outfit that screams costume rather than good taste.

The one thing still needing to be figured out is my hair. Was going to wear it up but in the different dress you would be able to see my back tattoo. And I hate that tattoo!  So think I will go for a half up/half down kind of style or at least one where tendrils are covering the offending skin pic.

Painted my fingers tonight a sparkly red to match the party mood, not only for tomorrow but for the Shepard family party on Saturday.   It's going to be a busy weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment