Sunday, December 2, 2018

Highlights and Happenings

So fulfilling Thursday evening to have my hair trimmed and colored by hair stylist extraordinare Abbie. It has now come back from the brassy dark/blonde mess I had created into the streaky blonde that I love. She's a Godsend to my locks. I toyed with the idea of snipping it into a bob but decided to keep the length and had her cut lots of layers into it so the bulky mass on my head would have a better chance of being styled.

Friday night found me cruising to bestie's house for dinner and catch up. There's nothing finer than to bend a friend's ear when you just need to vent, bitch, whine, or cry.

Saturday night met up with bestie and Marie to watch the local Christmas parade. The highlight is my work sits two stories above the parade route so we sat in a dark office out of the cold and rain and watched the festivities through the windows.  Lots of marching bands, lighted log trucks, the Grinch, Santa, and horses led the way.

After the parade we popped over to The Shamrock, a local pub most famous for its green beer on St. Patrick's Day.  Don't have a regular drink as love to try out new flavors so my drink of choice was the espresso martini. Very tasty, so much so a second just had to be ordered.  It was a fun evening people watching.

This morning met bestie early for breakfast then came home and took a nap. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful - binged on a season of Top Chef, did a load of laundry, ate popcorn for dinner, painted my nails, and now it's not quite 9pm and I'm in bed. Meant to put up the tree but will get to that this week. Only 23 more days to Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment