Thursday, December 6, 2018

Passing President and Party

Due to George Bush passing away, yesterday work gave us all the day off - paid!  In George's honor, my day was spent cleaning the kitchen then, believe it or not, cleaning my bedroom! All the clothes have been hung up where they belong and my loveseat is once again visible!!

Next Friday is the company party. Looked around to find a dress for the red carpet/celebrity look alike theme; found one at Ross but it wasn't working for me so returned it. Dug out a dress I bought at Ross about a year ago for 48 cents. Yes, 48 cents! Long, black, sparkly but just a wee snug so tonight I sewed in a little extra fabric in the back to give me more breathing room. Doesn't look bad but now the search is on for a wrap of some kind. It is sleeveless which I hate so gotta come up with something to hide my batwings.

Was digging through the closet and found a gold window scarf and thought "hmmm....this could be made into a wrap or even a dress."  Yes I've now morphed into Cinderella but probably more along the lines of Carol Burnett.  Actually that might play well into the celebrity look alike contest!




No comments:

Post a Comment