Friday, December 28, 2018

Ready For 2018 To Be Over

Christmas 2018 is over and I can't wait for 2019!

After being out sick from work all week, my health began to be on the mend.  Christmas Eve Steve invited me to spend with his family so I took him up on the offer. Delicious dinner at his sister's house in Oregon City and it was great catching up with his family.

Christmas Day Jordan, Candy, her granddaughter Hailey and her mom Trista, and Sam came over for presents and ham dinner. Over the weekend had picked through some of the boys old t-shirts and made each a quilt from them, which they loved.  




I was still not feeling well so spent most of the day lounging on the couch.  No shower, hair up, and overalls.  The next day I returned to work and it was nice to get back into the swing of things.

Wednesday evening met up with the Blue Jacket Divas for Christmas dinner at the Mill City Grill. We spent over two hours catching up, exchanging gifts, and laughing. Had been a long time since we had seen each other.

Thursday at work I began feeling odd. I had to go pee frequently and my nether regions were feeling uncomfortable. I took an early lunch and ended up spending the whole time in the bathroom. What was going on?? Continuing urge to pee, burning and I was in misery.

After Googling my symptoms, I suspected I had a urinary tract infection.  Called the doctor and was able to get an appt at 5pm.  Arrived, gave a urine sample and yep, it was, as the nurse said, a raging UTI. 

They prescribed antibiotics and painkillers and Sam was kind enough to pick them up for me as I was in no shape to venture 5 feet or more away from the bathroom. Never had a UTI before and never want one again! Doc signed me out of work today so I could recover. Thankfully the painkiller is working although it's turning my pee a neon shade of orange.

And so it goes. On the upswing for getting better and looking forward to a healthier 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment