Thursday, October 24, 2019

Going Natural

Now that my hair is longer, it's become a bit more of a hassle to fix. Takes longer to dry, longer to flat iron, and I thought there has to be a better way short of chopping it all off.

Decided to try and test out the "natural" style for my hair. Which means using a diffuser, encouraging the curls, and mainly wearing my hair naturel as opposed to beating it into submission.

Part of this involved lots of research on Pinterest and You Tube. Best ways to enhance curls, dry hair, condition, gel, cream, wax, layers, air dry, silicone, coconut oil, and so on.  This morning after washing my hair I immediately slathered
Paul Mitchell firm hold gel throughout my strands. Let my hair hang sans towel while I did my face. Gingerly diffused my hair on hot setting but low speed. Well it did encourage some of the curl. I was hoping for coils and ringlets but wound up with messy beach bum hair.  Trying to get the perfect waves/curls to form throughout my whole head, not just in certain sections.

Sis Luna suggested curly girl products she uses  - Love Ur Self or LUS. Looks promising.


Tomorrow is Friday which is awesome! However, it also means I have a bright and early appointment for my mammogram at 8am followed by a flu shot at 1pm!  Here's to welcoming the weekend by being groped, poked and prodded!


No comments:

Post a Comment