Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Hanging with the PoPo

Last Thursday night was driving home via the freeway. Took the trusty Longview exit and zipped along the fairly empty highway towards home. It's 55 mph but of course normal speed is 60 mph. Cruising along and out of my little eye does appear but a cop on the side of the road I did fear.

Yep, he turned those lights on and pulled me over. Ugh.  Threw my cell phone under my purse then grabbed my license and proof of insurance as he strolled to the passenger side. Rolled down the window and handed him the goods. He first told me we were being video recorded. Okay, whatever you are into man! 

He was very polite and asked if I realized I was going a little fast. I agreed I was and he confirmed my speed was 68 in the 55. Ooopsie!  Made my day when he said he wasn't going to write me a ticket and just needed to run my license. Woo hoo!

He was gone for quite some time.  During his absence wild ideas began to culminate in my mind. Was my new car stolen? Was there some long lost warrant out for my arrest? Is he going to take me down and tase me? Will I be forced to come out water bottle blazing (not a gun owner) aka Patty Hearst to defend my freedom?

Alas no such fantasies came to fruition. He brought my license back, told me to slow down, drive safe, and have a good night. 

Probably waited a good five blocks before digging the cell phone out from under my purse. Old habits are hard to change! 😉




No comments:

Post a Comment