Saturday, January 26, 2013

Party and Progress

Once again another annual party has come to a close!   Wednesday evening Michael and I decked ourselves out in matching outfits to attend my company party.  Lots of people, acceptable dinner, and plenty of laughs. Poor Michael also had to bear and grin it when the entire sales department decided to hug him (not one of his favorite pastimes.)  We also shared several chuckles over the number of prom dresses on display along with the outfits that screamed "part-time hooker!" 

 I even maintained a healthy diet by loading up my plate with a large salad and small amounts of the side dishes and entree.  They had my all time favorite - macaroni and cheese - but I limited myself to only a tablespoon.  My efforts paid off as at the weekly weigh-in yesterday I was down another 2 pounds.  Yippee - I'm hoping to break the 10 pound loss mark next week.  As all the experts state, it's best to lose 1-2 pounds per week but boy there are weeks I wish I could lose 5 or 6 pounds. 

Thanks to Michael for being my party date as well as my cheerleader through my weight loss efforts.  Friday teammate Christine and I hustled up eight flights of stairs, walked all hallways, then hustled once more up all eight floor stairs before making our way back downstairs and outside where we finished off by walking half the building.  We were motivated!!  Michael says we are his role models so that puts another spring in my step!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment