Sunday, June 8, 2014

Blood, Blue Skies, and Barbells

I had put it off, and put it off, and put it off but finally yesterday I forced myself to drink black coffee then stopped at the hospital lab for my annual blood draw.  Of course the regular lab was closed so I had to make my way next door to the urgent clinic lab to get my blood tested.  Ugh.  It's not that I'm worried about the results, which I think will be fantastic due to my healthy eating over the last few months, but the fact I could have no sugar-free creamer in my coffee before the test.  So eager to see my test results, I tried to log-in to the patient connection on-line site to see the results; alas, my user name and password were no where to be found so now I'm waiting to be reconnected.  Arrgg!!!

After the blood draw, I made my way to Portland, sipping my black coffee along with slurping down my protein shake.  Spending time with my Michael at his new facility and then hitting Vancouver Mall made for a long day.  No matter since the day was blue sky, warm and gorgeous so no complaints on my end.  One errand I ran was to Ulta to find the perfect eyebrow pencil. It has been agonizing trying to find the perfect eyebrow pencil to fill in my sparse little hairs - color too light, too dark, too red, too brown; texture too hard, too waxy, too thick, too thin; length too short, price too high, etc., etc.,  Last night I picked up a couple from Essence and Rimmel to see how they work, hoping I've found the Nirvana of eyebrow filler.

I'm currently toying with the idea of joining a local gym.  It's a spot I've joined a few times over the years - good gym but it's fitting the time in to attend that's a pain.  When I first get on a kick for something, I tend to overdo it, setting a goal to workout every day.  If I join this time, my attendance will be at a moderate level, perhaps 3 days per week.  I really need to work out my upper body; my walks are kicking my leg's ass but aren't doing a thing for my arms.  Membership is at a low rate so perhaps today will be the day I join.  Or maybe I'll just relax in the sun!

Once again, my room needs to be cleaned....clean clothes hanging out in three baskets screaming at me to be put away.  And another pile saying "wash me, wash me!"  Household chores are just not fun!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment