Sunday, June 15, 2014

Frumpy to Fitness

Frumpy.  That ended up being my code word for Friday.  My fashion for Friday consisted of some beige tights, pink skirt that had become rather loose, white tee and gray logo sweater.  This along with light gray Mary Jane's seemed to look just fine in my home mirror.

However, while at work my eyes went to my shoes, which were starting to split on one side. Drats!  To prevent any shoe emergency, the heels were kicked off and replaced by a pair of white Nike's with pink laces that were kept under my desk.  Hey, pink laces that matched my pink skirt...nice.

My Friday Fashion
Well, not so nice.  At one point when entering the bathroom, my eyes went straight to the full-length mirror.  OMG!!!  What a scary sight!  My pink skirt, not just loose but beyond baggy, hung low with abundant material swarming my hips.  The gray cardigan screamed Betty White and the piece de resistance were my tights and white sneakers.  Beyond Grandma!!!  Almost like 80-year old mall walker!!  It was horrible!!  To say my look was frumpy is being kind!  All that was missing was a walker to cap off my little old lady who lives in a shoe fashion statement. Thankfully, there were no MOD calls on Friday so my appearance did not shock guests into stupefaction.

After work my first personal fitness appointment was set for 7pm.  I did not want to go.  After my grandma funk, my mind debated go or not, go or not, go or not.  Thankfully, my choice to go was the correct one.  I actually showed up early to do the cross country machine for 30 minutes before my appointment.  The trainer then whipped my butt, rather than my legs, on the weight machines.  It was torture!!!  This was followed up by another 30 minutes on the treadmill. I was sweaty, I was sore, but I felt much better!

Yesterday was my normal trip to Portland to visit with my Michael.  We had such a good time together! Talked, and talked, watched two movies, and napped together.  Very sweet time and full of love.

After coming back home, I changed my clothes to hit the gym.  Drove to the gym, got out, and darn it - the gym closes at 6pm on the weekends!  Since it was 6:30, I made my way home to make dinner.

One thing I learned this weekend is that stress is not my friend.  This past week was full of stressors and emotional low points leading me to have crying jags.  It also led to me snacking more and losing absolutely no weight.  Ugh.  However, I learned that when one is stressed, you fall back on previous habits on how you deal with stress.  When growing up, whenever there were stresses in my life I turned to food - comfort food like mac and cheese, pizza, etc. So now when I'm under stress the first thing I do to overcome my stress is eat.  Being aware of this habit now will help me overcome food as a stress reliever.  The good moves I made for this week was joining the gym.  Now, instead of eating, I can go to the gym to relieve my stress instead of reverting to old habits.  So, this last week was a wash and I'm looking forward to this new week to eliminate my poor snacking habit.

Now today is Sunday - time to once again put clean clothes away in my room and prepare for another week.  Here's to days filled with no grandma clothing, no snacking, and plenty of working out at the gym!!


No comments:

Post a Comment