Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday and Summer Solstice Rolled Into One!!

It's the first day of summer - yee haw!!!!  And it's actually going to be in the 70's today!  Nothing better than that!!

On Thursday I worked out with the trainer/owner at the gym and I'm feeling the pain today.  He gave me an offer of a good deal for a year's worth of training; however, after thinking it over I decided not to go for it.  Right now I enjoy going to the gym when I want to with no schedule appointment pressure.  While I'm working out to get fit and lose weight, it seems like if I threw in more moola for specialized training, tracking meals, etc. it would become more work than enjoyment.  And there is just not enough time in my life to devote to more appointments.  

Right now I've been on a plateau over the last 2-3 weeks...my scale at home says I've lost nothing, although the gym scale showed I lost 3.4 pounds this week.  Instead of caving in and scarfing up tons of food due to frustration, I'm trying to accept the fact that even though I haven't lost weight, the weight I have is being redistributed and I'm trading muscle for fat.  I also stopped taking several of the new supplements I added to my diet due to the fact that, since I began taking them, I've been "backed up" more often then not, even though I drink a ton of water.  I'm happy to say the removal of these vitamins has made my colon happy!!!

When I get frustrated about losing weight, I look at my progress so at least it's apparent there are results.   Here's another before and after pic; the before was taken two years ago at my sister Eilene's abode.  The after is from the company picnic on Wednesday.  Much better and I'm looking forward to more of these pics after I begin losing the pounds again.  I mean seriously - what's with my posture in the first pic?  Scoliosis?  Pregnancy?  Unfortunately, I have plenty of these "before" pics hidden away on my computer for future sharing!!


Now that I have my new hat, which I love, I spent a lot of time perusing Pinterest to check out summer outfits with a hat.  Lots of ideas.  In addition, I recently picked up a couple of pairs of patterned leggings - one with a tribal design and one with lions - and my search included tips for the kind of shirts to pair with those.  I save all the fashion, makeup, and hair pics on my phone to I can easily look to them for inspiration.

The biggest fashion score recently was a pair of shoes gifted to me from a co-worker!  A lovely pair of burgundy wing tip heels; a little too big but hey, that's what tissue in the toes is for!!  They are to die for and it was so sweet she gave them to me!!



Off to enjoy a great Saturday, which will include a visit to my wonderful Michael.  These last few months have been a struggle watching him battle life and death but our love has never wavered.  We are looking forward to his continued progress and I can't wait for the day we are able to wake up together here at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment