Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tippin My (New) Hat to the Gym

In order to throw a little mix into my workout routine (which has become rather "routine") this morning I made an early morning pit stop to join the local gym.  They had some killer deals going on so I signed up myself as well as son Sam; in addition, I threw my hat into the ring for their Biggest Loser contest.  The contest lasts for 24 weeks and first place will receive a tidy $2,000!  Nice motivation for my weight loss efforts.

Following my regular lunchtime walking/stair deal, I made my way to the gym after work.  After 30 minutes on the elliptical machine, I spent another 30 minutes working on my upper body with the weights, using the machines for which I still remembered how to use. It made a big difference by listening to music with my phone, drowning out all the noise, clatter, and chatter at the gym. As part of the contest, we are given three free training sessions and my first one is this Friday.  Apparently my memory will be refreshed of the weight machines at that time.

My Hat Selfie
After working out, my last stop before home was Target to pick up a prescription.  Which of course involved wandering the store first to see if anything called my name.  This time it did - a hat from the men's department.  My head is rather, shall we say, generous...meaning large...so women's hats, especially the cute straw fedora ones, never fit.  They perch on the top of my noggin akin to Barbie bonnet on top of a Cabbage Patch doll....not flattering in any way.  So I'm forced to browse the men's section, searching for a cute summer hat which isn't made of tweed.  Today was my lucky day - flattering summer straw hat big enough to fit my head of hair and brains.

Here's to kickin butt, gettin thin, and keep the sun out of my eyes!!!

P.S. Got into my on-line health records and discovered my recent blood test revealed excellent results!!!   Another reason to get healthy in order to reduce my visits to the Target Pharmacy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment