Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sweaters and Scales

Today was a good day because I was feeling better.  Thursday all day I had an upset stomach, which turned into a cold Thursday night.  Ugh.  Drugged myself up Friday morning and stayed home from work to rest. This morning was much better, although the cold has moved from my nose into my throat - all scratchy.  Was able to make my regular Saturday routine to see my Michael at his new rehab digs, which was lovely as always.

My $2.99 sweater
One stop I made last week was at the local Three Rivers Mall, a basic ghost town.  However, I made three clearance scores - a pair of cream pants at JC Penney for $1.97 along with a tan sweater and coral shrug, each for $2.99 each at the Macy's clearance store (bargain tip - all sweaters at the clearance store are $2.99!)  On my way home today from Portland, I made a pit stop at the 78th street Goodwill, where I grabbed a black and white striped blazer along with a top emblazoned with "Shopping is My Cardio!"  Too me to pass it up!!

Speaking of cardio, was bummed I had to miss my training session on Thursday, which I moved to Friday but, due to the cold bug, had to cancel.  Going to make up for it with some elliptical work tomorrow morning then back to weight training on Monday.  Really enjoying going to the gym; my clothes are fitting better but it's been discouraging that I haven't lost weight for two weeks.  Received some advice today to put the scale away; right now I weigh myself every day but perhaps that is putting too much pressure on myself.  Now that I'm strength training, my fat is turning muscle so the scale may be misleading.  So into the closet the scale will go, to be taken out perhaps once a month or ever two weeks.

While searching for an appropriate scale picture, I ran across the following from a fitness blog, it makes sense, and its what I needed to hear:

So this week, I wanted to briefly talk about the SCALE!! Yes, the dreaded little machine on your bathroom floor that lets us down more than anything… GET RID OF IT!  Seriously!! Ok, maybe just put it away…but most importantly, do not ever let it define you!!! As you start working out and lifting weights, you begin to gain muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so chances are, you are going to either stay the same, or even gain a little weight the first few weeks of training! Don’t freak out!! It happens to pretty much every one! You will eventually lose the weight if you stay consistent in your diet and training and your body fat starts to drop. But the important thing is, to to pay attention to how you look and feel, how your clothes are fitting and stuff like that!! Stepping on the scale does nothing for me but mess with my head! (from Heather Cavin blog)

 Here are my Pinterest inspirations for my recent clothes purchases.....I'm so into saving Pinterest fashion and makeup pictures!!!!
Inspiration for my $1.97 pants and $2.99 sweater
Inspiration for my GW striped blazer




















No comments:

Post a Comment