Friday, July 22, 2016

A Bevy of Blessings


Awww, Friday here at last.  The last week has been busy but prayers have been answered.
 
First off – insurance.  Due to Sam’s accident, my insurance company dropped my auto insurance as of 7/31.  Ugh.  This meant finding new insurance.  I tried to get a quote from State Farm but they declined due to the wreck.  This meant working with my secret agent – my brother who owns his own insurance company.  The first quote was with Progressive, not my first choice, which was also $100 more per month.  Yuck.  I prayed for better results.  That evening, my contact Sabrina emailed me to say that Todd insisted I get a plan with Safeco, a much better company.  The next morning Sabrina called and gave me the price with them, which was cheaper than my original insurance.  Wowza!!!  What a blessing!!!

Second – Steve.  Steve and I ended up having a very honest discussion this week.  It was probably the first honest, down to the brass tacks conversation that we needed.  We decided that we are both in a place where we need to work on ourselves in order to grow and have the type of relationship each of desires.  We will continue as friends and if that grows into a romantic relationship when we are both ready for that, great, and if not we will continue as friends.  I need to continue working on being honest about my expectations and he needs to work on understanding and providing what’s needed in a long-term relationship.  This has actually taken a weight off my shoulders and that feels good.  I’m going to continue working on the areas where I need to improve to prepare myself to have a healthy, honest and loving relationship in the future.
 
Third – I started a new Women’s Bible Study for the summer with the topic How to Be Brave.  Great group of gals and the presenter, Stephen Furtig, is entertaining.

Fourth – It’s Friday!!!  May be some rain for the weekend but I’m determined to go to the beach as a one-day getaway.  Anyone care to join me?

Have a great weekend!!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment