Friday, July 15, 2016

Great Way to Spend a Saturday


If there’s one thing I’ve learned in business, it’s to do the hard stuff first.  Putting these tasks off seems to make the project grow exponentially and out of proportion of what they really are.

Today I had to deal with an issue that I don’t find fun – insurance.  Due to Sam’s mishap earlier this year of totaling my car, my auto insurance company is dropping me as of July 31.  This means I have to find replacement coverage prior to that time.  My first stop was calling my current company to see if there was anything I could do to stop this from happening.   The only way to stop this was for Sam to move out; although he is refurbishing a house to rent, it’s not quite ready for move in so this wasn’t an option.

Next step was contacting insurance agent extraordinaire, brother Todd, to see what options he could think of for me.  It pretty much came down to obtaining insurance quotes from companies to see what type of reasonably priced insurance they could offer.  Oh joy, so much fun.  NOT!

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with a local State Farm rep to see what they can do for me.  What a great way to spend a Saturday!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment