Friday, July 15, 2016

It's Better to Wait Than to Be Wrong

It’s so hard to end a relationship when you realize it’s just not working.  Since my breakup with Steve, we’ve continued to text and speak with each other now and then on the phone.  He finally stopped by last Wednesday and we had a long talk – about what I wanted, what he wanted, and if our wants and needs could possibly fit together.  We finished the conversation on a positive note that perhaps we could continue being together on a trial basis.

Unfortunately, in the light of day the next morning, I knew it was time to listen to my gut that continuing the relationship was not in my best interests.  However much I desire to have love and companionship in my life, it’s better to be alone than to be with the wrong person. Right now I’m learning to love myself, listen to myself, and make choices that are in my best interests rather than stuffing my emotions and living in order to make someone else happy.  I am worthy of much more.   Although this sentence is easy to type, it’s still taking me time to believe it.

Here’s to moving on and preparing myself for when the right person enters my path! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment