Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Creepy, Cold, and Chamomile Tea

It appears I'm now fighting a cold.  First I had the flu and now a cold is knocking at my door.  Enough already!!  I'm chocking it up to all the snowy weather we've had lately.

Last night a weird incident occurred.  It was almost 11pm when I was nodding off on the couch when there was a knock on the door. Ended up being the mom of one of Sam's friends, whom I hadn't seen in over 5 years. She kind of rambled on then asked if she and her boyfriend could stay one or two nights at my house. Then she asked if, after treatment, she could rent a room from me.  It was such a bizarre situation and obviously she was under the influence.

Of course I said NO then got her out of the house.  I promptly locked up all doors and put the wood in the sliding glass door.  It was pretty unnerving.  Today I made sure to lock everything up when I went to work.

Sad situation for the woman and my prayers are that she is able to get help to conquer her demons.


Poor Sam learned a hard lesson last night. He brought his W2 over for me to do his taxes. Not much had been deducted so upon carefully reviewing his tax form, I pointed out that my single son was claiming Married with 2 exemptions. Boy was he upset.  Obviously it was an error which would have been caught early on if he had read his paystubs. He got it all straightened out at work today but unfortunately he will have to pay in $200 instead of getting a refund.

One of the gals at work is big into fairies.  Last night I painted a little fairy rock to surprise her at work today. She loved it which of course gave me a smile!!


Tonight I'm sitting here watching the original The Taking of Pelham 123 movie with Walter Matheau and Robert Shaw and sipping some Sleepy Time herb tea with honey and lemon. Here's hoping I can kick this colds butt!!






No comments:

Post a Comment