Sunday, February 12, 2017

Food, Family, and Farewell Fish

This past weekend was very family centered.  Saturday I had lunch with sis-in-law Lynn before making my way back home to roast a turkey for my boys.  Jordan, Candy, and Sam all came over for dinner, which was a big hit.  I made the turkey along with homemade bread but cheated some and made instant potatoes and canned sausage gravy.

Lots of leftovers so today I made crockpot turkey chili then boiled the carcass to make stock.  Also did three loads of laundry, then grabbed Stubbins for a drive. No shower, no makeup, and dressed in sweats so I felt right at home when I swung by Walmart.  Pup and I then made our way to Willow Grove before heading back to gas up the car and return home.


Jordan and Candy returned tonight to pick up my fish tank, which I had gifted them. Just tired of dealing with keeping the tank clean.  Sam and his buddy Jimmy showed up then they all chowed down the chili - every bit of it.  So much for having leftovers.

Was able to sneak in some rock painting time this weekend, too.  Another batch created to hide somewhere.



And tomorrow is Monday.  Have to be at work early for a teleconference so it's going to be an early evening for this gal.



No comments:

Post a Comment