Friday, February 3, 2017

Ice Ice Baby

For about 25 years now I've attended every one of my annual company parties. This year was no exception, although it was cut short due to the weather.

The forecast called for freezing rain and even snow so Steve's trip and overnight stay was cancelled to be on the safe side. Bummer!!

The theme this year was superheroes.  I decided to go as the only superhero that would work best for me - Super Diva!  Lots of sparkles along with a crown and I was set.  Arrived at the party but only stayed for an hour due to reports of freezing rain made me cut the party short so I could make it home safely. And before I had dinner which was a bummer due to the fact the food being served was Olive Garden this year. Drat!!



Hit the road and ran into a couple patches of freezing rain but made it home safe and sound. Expected today to be icy but my commute was smooth sailing.

Best of all today was Friday! Sam treated me to a belated birthday dinner tonight then tomorrow I will be getting my hair and nails done for a treat. Then tomorrow afternoon Steve will be here for the rest of the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment