Thursday, February 23, 2017

Where's My Mai Tai?

There are some weeks where I'm tired of humans and I'm wishing I was on a tropical island hangin in a hammock sipping a tropical drink!  I've been very busy with early morning and numerous teleconferences and meetings and people issues and dilemmas to solve and problems to figure out.  Is it Friday yet?

Of course my recent stress relief has been painting.   This week I painted John Wayne and a variety of other rocks, including one that I hoped would look like Marilyn Monroe but came out more like Al Jolson with blackface.  Looks like a repaint coming it's way.


I posted the John Wayne one on the Cowlitz County Rocks Facebook page.  One lady wanted to buy it from me for her dad.  Of course I said no  way but I will hide it for her.

I also dug out a piece of driftwood I found from my recent trip to Willow Grove.  I ended up painting it for Steve as what else - a duck!!



Started back up with the Women's Bible study this week.  It was great to see all the gals and get back into the fellowship.

And guess what?  Tomorrow is Friday!!  Steve will be back up so we can partake on Saturday in one of his favorite annual activities - smelt dipping!!  This will be our third year of catching those little buggers.  He nets, I empty the net, and so on.




No comments:

Post a Comment