Saturday, October 21, 2017

An Evening with Sherlock

Back in the day in my late teens and early twenties, I would party at times until the wee hours.  Arriving home and too keyed up to hit the hay, I would grab a glass of milk (or even make milque toast) and surf the TV.  Now, not much would be on the tube at that hour so it was slim pickens.  You either watched Benny Hill, Monty Python, or a movie.  Perhaps the networks waited until late night to show BBC offerings.

In my case, more often than not I stumbled across a Sherlock Holmes movie.  No, not Robert Downey Jr.  These were black and white classics from the 30's and 40's starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce.

Happened to run across a three movie set of these classics today so had to snatch them up.  Tonight I'm reliving my post-drunken, late night viewing by watching old Basil perform his finest while trading Gin & Tonics for coffee.  Bonus will be no hangover!




No comments:

Post a Comment