Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Opportunity in Unexpected Places

Yesterday ran some errands, including stopping at the copy place to get a few copies made.  Per my usual practice, I asked if there were any job openings, mainly so this info could be included on my unemployment claim. The nice front desk gal said yes, there actually was a potential opening and I should return after 2pm to speak to the owner.  Uh oh. Didn't expect that!

Finished my tasks around town then hit the employment office to update and print my resume.  So handy they have computers available to type documents, browse job openings, and print items. It's normally library quiet in there but yesterday a mom and her daughter loudly sat across from me, supposedly working on a resume but mainly focused on gossiping with each other.  Thankfully I was almost done. Grabbed my resumes and hit the door.

Arrived back at the copy place and met with the owner.  He read my resume and obviously my skills were far beyond what they needed.  However, we had a good conversation and he said he is going to hang on to my resume just in case he hears of any HR jobs. The front office gal said I seemed to have high integrity and would fit in with their team. Nice comments from a lady I had just met.

So, an interesting experience and you never know what door may have opened from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment